Marcus Klossek is one of the growing number of guitarists who perform Jazz
on a Fender Telecaster, the archetype of the electric guitar.
A class of musicians that consists of many extraordinary artists; from Jimmy Bryant to
Ed Bickert, Bill Frisell, Mike Stern, Jim Campilongo or Jakob Bro, just to name a few.
An established name within the Berlin jazz scene who knows how to get to the point
with his Electric Trio. A guitar, bass and drums; that’s all it takes to make the songs
of Marcus Klossek sound great!
His brand new album „Tales From The Edge“, the 9th release as a bandleader and the second one
for Double Moon/Challenge Records, is another proof of exceptional storytelling
composing skills which go far beyond the average guitar release.
Marcus Klossek has toured countless european clubs and festivals since his
music studies at the University of Arts in Amsterdam.
He also has been an instructor for guitar, ensembles and workshops worldwide
for many years.
Incidentally, his virtuoso guitar playing has made him one of the busiest
musicians with dozens of guest appearances on albums by bands and projects
of the German Jazz scene.
Really good stories don’t need to be flashy and loud in order to lodge themselves
firmly in our hearts.
“In Jazz there is a demand, that on and with the instruments stories should be told.
Marcus Klossek, the guitarist from Berlin, is someone who has internalized this.”
Martin Laurentius / Jazzthing
- Marcus Klossek Electric Trio Tales From The Edge (DoubleMoon/Challenge Records)
- Marcus Klossek Electric Trio Time Was Now (DoubleMoon/Challenge Records)
- Marcus Klossek Electric Trio Taken From The Skies (Unit Records)
- Marcus Klossek Electric Trio Swirlin’ Times (Unit Records)
- Marcus Klossek Electric Trio Now & Again (Mons Records)
- Marcus Klossek 2nd Chance (Jazz Connotation)
- Marcus Klossek Imagination As We Are (Jardis Records)
- M&M Jazz & Blues Award 2001 (Töne 2001)
- Jazz Guitar Highlights 1 (Jardis Records)
- M&M Soulfood (m&m productions)
- M&M Funkyland (Phonector)
” TELE-JAZZ At It’s Best!”
KARL GEDLICKA / CONCERTO